Welcome to The Blog - FMP Concept

FMP - Perception


For my initial FMP concept, I have begun to explore the theme of Perception. The way we perceive things differ as individuals, moreover it's also subjective to what we are percieving which controls our opinions, thoughts and emotions. Emotions and feelings in particular are what I want the final outcomes of my deliverables to bring out in people, whether they're positive or negative, a variety or similar, as long as people feel a strong emotion and feeling for the work, is my aim.

Initially, I had thought about the idea of Media Control and just how much they control someone's opinion on the world, how much the Media can manipulate and fabricate news for their own ideals and agendas but which in turn relates to we as the people who perceive the world due to the media or in contrast, completely distrust the mainstream media. However, I found this concept to be a common idea to base my work on so I continued developing the idea to which led me to a new concept of Illusions.

I've always wanted to produce work and develop my skills in animation and of course the FMP is the perfect opportunity to do just that. I thought about the typical animations that can be done on After Effects etc but then I dwelled into animation further and that's when the idea of illusions came into my head, optical illusions are most of the time, these still images which appear to be moving; like an animation through our eyes. This all ties up to my final concept of Perception, the way we think and feel from media to the way our eyes see certain things such as illusions, are all to do with how we perceive everything.

Me

Hello, I'm Wasim Uddin, a student currently studying Graphics Design in Birmingham, hoping to continue my education in the world of design and branch out deeper into animation. Having studied Graphic Design in College, I have acquired the knowledge within various software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as well as working with videos and animation in After Effects and Premier Pro. 
  

The Blog 

First of all, welcome to the blog. This blog will be about the journey I take as a student and as a designer working through my Final Major Project. From the initial proposal to my ideas and inspiration as well as examples of experimental works based on those ideas, all will documented for you to read and acquire an understanding of the process I travel through to reach my final deliverables. My aim is for you to see and read my thoughts thus better understand me as a designer and as a person. I hope you enjoy going through the blog and perhaps be inspired yourself from what you see and read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scanimation

Bridget Riley