Bridget Riley







Bridget Riley is arguably the pioneer of optical art and illusions.As you can see, her art is mainly using the colours black and white and work with geometrical shapes such as triangles, squares and ovals. Further on she did begin to experiment with colour also but I'm much more interested in the pieces she did with black and white. For me, her work is beyond creative for her time, it's dynamic and illusive yet amazing but confusing. She's one of the reason I've looked into optical illusions as my main concepts and also our perception. Moreover I love how she combines her artwork with photography to create some amazing portraits which I would like to experiment myself and create illusive photographs. Furthermore I can gain inspiration from her artwork and emulate them, mixing colour into my works to give a more unique take on her art style.

Read more about Bridget Riley here: http://www.op-art.co.uk/bridget-riley/

Watch Bridget Riley explain her thought process and the underlying meaning that goes into the amazing work that she creates.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scanimation

Welcome to The Blog - FMP Concept