Optical Illusion Experiments

Experiment 1 - Ovals

 


Just a simple optical illusion design I created in photoshop using ovals and the warp transform tool. I've noticed certain colours like grey does not work with this illusion whereas vibrant colours like blue and yellow do. This has taught me that not only imagery, but colours also play a large role in Optical illusions and our perception. 

I followed a YouTube tutorial to create this illusion which you can watch and follow down below to create your own first simple illusion and experiment with colours. (WARNING! The tutorial voice sounds like one of those tedious monotone instructional videos.)



 

Experiment 2 - Ventricular Illusion Mount



This experiment was created using cardboard cuts which I folded to form into triangles similar to the large Toblerone packaging which I then glued onto a A3 foam-board to create ventricular shapes. I then printed out the posters I created in A3 before measuring each triangle then cutting the images into strips with the same measurement.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scanimation

Bridget Riley

Welcome to The Blog - FMP Concept